1. Although you need not dress formally, please dress appropriately.
2. Loud talking is not appreciated during performances. If you have to talk, please whisper.
3. If food and drink are permitted into the theatre then make sure you open it before the performance begins.
Make sure you store the empty packaging, cans, etc. in a safe place where no one will knock them.
4. Try to have keys, jewelery, coins, etc. secured before the performance begins, as the jingle may distract other audience members.
5. Make sure beepers, watch alarms and cellular phones are all off or silenced before the performance.
6. If you do happen to receive an sms or phone call, do not answer or reply. It can wait until intermission or when the performance has concluded.
7. Please remember that when you lean your head next to the person beside you, this can obstruct the view of those behind you.
8. Do not wear a large amount of perfume or cologne; many people are highly allergic to these fragrances.
9. Make sure you go to the toilet before the performance or during the intermission. Especially if you have been drinking.
10. It is courteous to wait until after the house lights have come up to leave a performance, because leaving while the show is in progress can be distracting to others.
11. Courtesy is the rule of thumb in the theatre. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.